Thursday, June 3, 2010

Zoo Fun!!

There are three things I love, probably more than anything in the world. 1. My family 2. My friends and 3. THE ZOO!! It is probably one of my favorite places to go! I was so excited when my in-laws invited us to join them at the zoo for Memorial Day fun!
This is how Dylan spent the first part of our fun filled zoo day..
He woke up long enough for us to take this pictures by the monkey statue and then went right back to sleep. We saw many monkeys while we were at the zoo! Monkeys are way cool and it is crazy how many different kinds there are.There are spider monkeys, chimps, gorillas, orangatangs, and then this one....haha ok.. so it's not a monkey, but animals weren't the only fascinating thing at the zoo! I mean seriously! Check out that mullet! It is a thing of beauty!Here are the boys by the elephants.. One really cool thing that we got to see was Zuri.
She is the baby elephant that is at the zoo! :-) Cute, right??At this point Dylan finally woke up to enjoy all of the fun the zoo had to offer him!! He looks thrilled, doesn't he??
I love penguins! I was so excited to get to see them!The giraffs were great too! I was really glad we had in-laws around so that we could get a lot of family pictures at the zoo!Dylan was content to just hang out with dad. He loves his dad!! And dad thinks that he is pretty spiffy too.This is probably one of my favorite pictures of the day! The Asian Highlands are so awesome! And being the cheesy person that I am, insisted on taking a picture with all of the statues that we found! Dylan also looks just completely thrilled! hahaLike I said, I wanted pictures with every statue.. This one was the rhino! This was the last stop we made, and as you can see Dylan was ready to be done, and also ready for a nap!
Memorial Day was so great! I was so glad that I got to spend time with my family! At the same time I know that Memorial Day is about more than just a day off of work, and I would like to say "Thank You" to the brave men and women that have sacrificed so much in the service of our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment