Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Favorite Place!

There are a lot of places that I like to go visit, but there is one place in particular that is my absolute favorite to visit:
The ranch!! Since I was young, I have loved to visit my grandparent's ranch. There are so many childhood memories held there. Plus, it is tucked back into a canyon, so it nice and quiet. You have to take a dirt road to get to it, and it is part of a small ranching community.
This is the corral that is just outside of the house.
Here we have the old house that is out in the orchard. My grandparents used to live in this house when my mom was younger.

There is even a creek that runs through the property. It is usually good for fishing, and when we were younger we used to go out and play in the creek all the time.
I took Andrew up to the ranch before we got married. He loved it! It was such a great weekend!
This is a picture from that trip up to the ranch. I think one of my favorite things about the ranch is the feeling you get when you are there. You feel at peace, and you feel loved.
The ranch has had even greater meaning to me for the last couple years.My Grandpa loved the ranch! He worked tirelessly day in and day out to take care of it. It was his legacy. He passed away in 2008. My grandpa was one of the greatest men that I have ever met. He loved his family, and always put them first. Everyone that knew him, loved him. He did his best in everything he did. I love my grandpa, and I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and that I will get to be with him again someday!
Until then I like to go up to the ranch. When I am there, I don't feel like he is so far away. It feels like he is right there with me. I love it!
Our last trip to the ranch was great! It was the first time that Dylan was up there, and Andrew got to feed a calf!
Dylan is named after my grandpa. We took the letters of my grandpa's name merLiN wArD ottleY (I upper cased the letters we used) and we made Dylan. I wanted Dylan to be named after someone that they could look to as an example. Even though my grandpa is no longer here, his reputation for being a wonderful person is still very strong. And of course, Dylan's middle name, Andrew, came from his dad! Another great man!
I love my grandpa, and I love going up and visiting the ranch! My Uncle Thane now takes care of the ranch, and my grandma helps out sometimes.
It is also nice to get to visit with them when we go up to the ranch to visit.
This is Dylan with Great Uncle Thane.
And here he is with beautiful Great Grandma Ottley!













No comments:

Post a Comment